Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents can apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, which is valid for up to 10 years. This Super Visa will allow you to visit Canada for up to two years at a time without having to renew your status.
To apply for the parent and grandparent Super Visa, you must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold;
- have a signed letter from your child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support;
- have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year;
- have an immigration medical exam;
- be allowed to enter Canada; and,
- meet certain other conditions;
Visa officers consider several other conditions before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit.