The Intra-Company Transfers Class allows multinational businesses to temporarily transfer qualified employees to Canada, without requiring a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). This class is designed to provide significant economic benefit to Canada, by improving management effectiveness, expanding Canadian exports, and enhancing competitiveness in overseas markets.
Our services for Intra-Company Transferees include:
- Assisting in the gathering the necessary documentation;
- Advising you on drafting the offer of employment;
- Cautiously reviewing all your materials and preparing your application; and
- Preparing the necessary legal submissions on your behalf.
ELIGIBILITY INTRA-COMPANY TRANSFERS
The employee must:
- Be currently employed in a multinational company;
- Have been employed there continuously for at least 1 year in the past 3 year period preceding the date of the application;
- Be seeking entry to Canada to work at the multinational company’s parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate in Canada;
- Be transferring to a legitimate and continuing business establishment as an executive, senior manager or have specialized knowledge;
- Are coming to Canada for temporary period only;
- Company with all immigration requirements for temporary entry.
The Canadian employer must have the right to order and control the employee in the performance of their work.