FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER APPLICATION PROCESS
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Create an Express Entry Profile and get your documents ready. You will receive points score on the information you provided when you created your online profile based on the Comprehensive Ranking System
- Step 3: Submit your profile
- Step 4: Canadian government will regularly invite the top candidates to apply for permanent residence.
- Step 5: If you were invited to apply for permanent residence in the Federal Skilled Trades class, you will have limited time to submit all the necessary documents for a Permanent Residence Application
ELIGIBILITY – FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER
To be eligible under the Federal Skilled Work Class through Express Entry you must:
- Have at least 12 months of full-time continuous paid experience in the last 3 years before your application and show that you did the duties set out in the occupational description in the NOC
- Meet the required language level needed for your job under Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) in all four abilities
- Have Canadian diploma or foreign education accredited by Educational Credential assessment (ECA)
- Be admissible to Canada
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements, your application will be assessed by the IRCC based on these selection factors: age, education, work experience, job offer, language skills, adaptability. You earn points for how well you do in each of the factors and your total points will show if you qualify for the Express Entry pool. The current pass mark is 67 points.
NOTE: If you are married or in a common law relationship, both you as principal applicant and you spouse must meet the requirements to apply as a Federal Skilled Worker.
INVITATION TO APPLY
To apply for permanent residence in the Canadian Experience Class, you need to do more than just meet the minimum requirements. You must also receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence under this class, which you can get by participating in the Express Entry program.