FEDERAL SKILLED TRADES APPLICATION PROCESS
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Create an Express Entry Profile and get your documents ready. You will receive points score on the information you provided when you created your online profile based on the Comprehensive Ranking System
- Step 3: Submit your profile
- Step 4: The government will regularly invite the top candidates to apply for permanent residence. If you were invited to apply for permanent residence in the Federal Skilled Trades class, you will have limited time to submit all the necessary documents for a Permanent Residence Application
ELIGIBILITY SKILLED TRADES
To be eligible you must be able to demonstrate an ability to prosper in Canada. You must:
- Meet the minimum requirements for Skilled Trades class
- Meet the required levels of language under Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) for all four abilities.
- Meet the job requirements for the skilled trade
- Have at least 2 years of full-time work experience in a skilled trade within 5 years before your application
- Have an offer of full time employment for at least 1 year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority.
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- Be admissible to Canada
INVITATION TO APPLY
To apply for permanent residence in the Federal Skilled Trades class, you need to do more than just meet the minimum requirements. You must also receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence under this class, which you can get by participating in the Express Entry program.